NOTE: This code of conduct applies to all our meetup groups and social media assets in Geekalicious family. From this point onward we shall refer to this collective entity as Geekalicious.
⭐ ABOUT ⭐
Geekalicious is dedicated to providing a welcoming and inclusive experience for everyone. We do not tolerate unacceptable behavior of participants in any form. This code of conduct applies to all Geekalicious spaces, both online and off, including our facebook group, website, meetup group, social media assests and any location where we are meeting in person. Anyone who violates this code of conduct may be sanctioned or expelled from these spaces at the discretion of the Geekalicious organizers.
Some Geekalicious spaces may have additional rules in place, which will be made clearly available to participants. Participants are responsible for knowing and abiding by these rules.
⭐ UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOUR INCLUDES ⭐
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, neuro(a)typicality, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion
- Unwelcome comments regarding a person’s lifestyle choices and practices, including those related to food, health, parenting, drugs, and employment.
- Gratuitous or off-topic sexual images or behavior in spaces where they’re not appropriate
- Physical contact and simulated physical contact.
- Threats of violence
- Incitement of violence towards any individual
- Deliberate intimidation
- Harassing photography or recording, including logging online activity for harassment purposes
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Pattern of inappropriate social contact, such as requesting/assuming inappropriate levels of intimacy with others
- Continued one-on-one communication after requests to cease
⭐ HARASSMENT ⭐
If you are being harassed by a member of Geekalicious, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact the Geekalicious organizers. If the person who is harassing you is on the team, they will recuse themselves from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
This code of conduct applies to Geekalicious spaces, but if you are being harassed by a member of Geekalicious outside our spaces, we still want to know about it. We will take all good-faith reports of unacceptable behavior by Geekalicious members, especially Geekalicious organizers, seriously. This includes unacceptable behavior outside our spaces and unacceptable behavior that took place at any point in time. The abuse team reserves the right to exclude people from Geekalicious based on their past behavior, including behavior outside Geekalicious spaces and behavior towards people who are not in Geekalicious.
In order to protect volunteers from abuse, we reserve the right to reject any report we believe to have been made in bad faith. Reports intended to silence legitimate criticism may be deleted without response.
We will respect confidentiality requests for the purpose of protecting victims of abuse. At our discretion, we may publicly name a person about whom we’ve received harassment complaints, or privately warn third parties about them, if we believe that doing so will increase the safety of Geekalicious members or the general public. We will not name harassment victims without their affirmative consent.
Participants asked to stop any unacceptable behavior are expected to comply immediately. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, Geekalicious organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all Geekalicious spaces and identification of the participant as a harasser to other Geekalicious members or the general public.
NOTE: This Text adapted from the Geek Feminism, Django Project and San Diego JS meetup groups